Career for a better climate. Every day.
We are now looking for a Manager Environment who will lead a team of experts with focus on energy efficiency, water use, waste stream utilization,chemical safety and climate change. Your team members are today four. The position belongs to Biomaterials division, but you are also working with other divisions in different areas.
You will address sustainability issues related to company targets, regulations and drivers in the area. You will especially support Biomaterials division with developing, maintaining KPIs in above mentioned areas, and environmental guidelines and instructions in support of KPIs and set targets. The manager supports mill operations in delivering on targets. You will also develop and advise on sustainability project goals, objectives, initiative, and strategies in collaboration with the business.
Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
- Reviewing and revising sustainability proposals and identifying or creating new sustainability indicators.
- Research and review regulatory, technical or market issues related to sustainability.
- Assess or propose sustainability initiatives, considering factors such as cost effectiveness, technical feasibility, and acceptance.
- Monitor and track sustainability indicators, such as energy usage, carbon emissions, natural resource usage, waste stream generation and utilization.
- Improve sustainability performance and asset competitiveness of Biomaterials Division.
- Support production units to fulfil targets in the areas of climate change, energy efficiency, water use and waste stream utilization.
- Support pulp business and production units by optimizing and developing mill processes and integrating potential new technologies.
- Support in investment projects with energy/sustainability knowledge as well as second opinions.
- Support above by providing well-managed specialist resource pool and services.
- Prepare, manage, and follow relevant budgets of responsibility.
- Reporting necessary data to company follow-up systems.
Your location will be at a Stora Enso office, and you will report to Director PCC (Pulp Competence Center), Biomaterials Division, but also working with all pulp producing units within the company.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a person with a university degree (MSc) with relevant faculty and with +10 years’ work experience in the relevant technical field.
You are an expert with great knowledge of pulping process and associated environmental processes and with deep knowledge of standards and development relevant for pulp mill future compliance.
You have at least 5 years’ experience in sustainability and insights into long term trends to help future proof mill and biorefinery operations, and herewith drive competitiveness of our products
Skills we expect you to have:
- Leadership skills.
- Intercultural knowledge and inclusiveness.
- Ability to lead senior experts working independently.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Good at making presentations both verbally and by paper.
- Strategic thinking and long-term planning.
- Interested to develop yourself as an individual and professional
What we offer
By joining us, you will be part of our diverse working culture supporting you to explore new perspectives and develop professionally. You will contribute towards a more sustainable world, as we believe that anything made from fossil-based materials today can be made from a tree tomorrow. To keep you going safely, we support your physical and mental wellbeing.
How can you apply for this role?
You can only submit your application to us by using our recruitment tool. As we are assessing our candidates on an ongoing basis, we hope to hear from you as soon as possible but at the latest by 15th of October 2023.
Depending on the role, we might invite you to a video interview and/or aptitude tests. Also, our recruitment process could include pre-employment actions such as background, reference and health checks as well as a drug test.
Hiring Manager Anders Nordenö, Director PCC, is happy to answer your questions regarding the role via email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our Talent Acquisition Partner Peder Andersson via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to work in the renewable materials company!
Part of the global bioeconomy, Stora Enso is a leading provider of renewable products in packaging, biomaterials and wooden construction, and one of the largest private forest owners in the world. We believe that everything that is made from fossil-based materials today can be made from a tree tomorrow. We employ approximately 21,000 people.
We believe diversity strengthens our competitiveness and contributes to better decision-making. Diverse working teams help us to explore different perspectives and challenge our way of thinking. We work actively to increase diversity in the workplace and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Stora Enso is an equal opportunity employer and follows non-discriminatory practices.
See our film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUElPYaxgqs&t